Saturday 15 November 2014

Heavy walk cycle research and development


Here is another example of footage which I filmed, helped by (Aaron Hall), in which I used the footage as reference for the Heavy character  from the team fortress game for my walk cycle. For the reference footage I ask Aaron to be sort of laid back, (leaning backwards) but also to have heavy steps (not quite stomping) because of the character being very large. To add to the laid back effect, I asked Aaron to slowly swing both of his arms.

 As you can see after the reference footage, I worked on getting the heavy characters leg movements, fairly similar to the footage. Moving on from that, I introduced the swaying of the shoulders and head, to which all humans unconsciously do. I wanted to introduce a human walk cycle, as it would show the basics of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment